Poirier says no takedown proposal ‘reeks of insecurity’; McGregor responds

Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC

“This is mixed martial arts.”

Last month, Conor McGregor tweeted a bit of a proposal for his UFC 264 foe in Dustin Poirier. The former two-division champion suggested that the first one to shoot for a takedown in their trilogy is a “dusty b—ch.”

First one to shoots a dusty bitch. pic.twitter.com/pO7WdCTsGu

— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) June 18, 2021

Poirier has since responded in an interview with ESPN, slamming the idea of removing facets of the sport for their bout.

“He just said the first one to shoot is a dusty b—ch. That’s what he said, yeah? Isn’t he the one who’s always preaching about the flow, the full martial arts, no holds barred, no rules, the ultimate fighting, when he’s talking about boxing stuff?” Poirier responded.

“How ‘bout the first one to get taken down is a dusty b—ch? This is mixed martial arts. Put it all together. It reeks of insecurity to me.”

McGregor of course responded by talking more smack, and pointing out how he was winning the clinch exchanges of a fight that he lost by KO.

Best boxer, my ass!
Shooting ass, shelling ass bitch. https://t.co/LstFtSylOb

— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) July 1, 2021

Quick take for you and your team pal – You’s got pucked around in the clinch!
Elbows, knees, shoulders, fists.
Looking outside the cage for advice. #strikerturnedwreslter #dustybitch https://t.co/LstFtSylOb

— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) July 1, 2021

3 fights against me for any man is an early grave. God bless

— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) July 2, 2021

Their original match up happened almost seven years ago, at featherweight, with McGregor winning by first round TKO. Last January, Poirier avenged that loss by scoring a second round TKO. Now 1-1, the pair will settle the score at UFC 264 on July 10.

Leave a Reply